Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Helping at a clinic

The church asked us to help at their clinic. The church opened the clinic to offer healthcare for those that could not afford it otherwise.  Every morning before opening, the clinic would have a time of fellowship with the patients. My team and I were asked to give a message during the fellowship time. When the fellowship time ended the clinic was opened. All the patients were given a number, the clinic would see about 200 patients a day.
My team split up and helped at different stations throughout the clinic. Some greeted the patients, others helped give out medications, and I helped with wound care. When patients came through wound care I would help clean and dress sores and wounds. I do not have any medical training but the nurse I was working with showed me how to clean and dress the sores. We would clean the sores with iodine, then dress the sore with some gauze soaked in iodine, then cover that with another layer of gauze, then tape.  Then we would offer to pray for the patient and send them on their way.




No comments:

Post a Comment