Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Greatest Expectation



I am waiting here for you, with great expectation
I am watching carefully for your arrival
I am looking for my King to came with great might
I am seeking Him with all my heart.
O Jesus, Son of man won't you come, and take your stand.

I am here, waiting for you, with great expectation
I have arrived, I am watching you with care.
I came on the great night, look I am your King.
You have My heart, I am seeking you
Jesus, King of Kings, has come, and taken His place

Look there He is, He has come and is waiting for you
I looked but did not see, I am watching but I am blind.
You have given me Your heart, You are seeking me out
I did not recognize your heart, I did not see your love.
O Jesus Son of man won't you come and take your stand.

Jesus where is your love
Why can I not see your heart
I look for you, but do not see you
My eyes are open, but they are blind

Jesus, remove my blindness
Take away the darkness
My eyes long to see the light
My soul longs to know your glory

Jesus, where is your love
Why can I not feel your touch
Are your arms to short
can you not reach me
I am reaching for you.

I wanted a King, a mighty warrior to end this suffering
I wanted a Kingdom, and a ruler that would last for ever
I wanted the pain and trials to stop, no more fleeing
I wanted, I expected, I looked, but clearly I did not see.
O Jesus Son of Man won't you come and take your stand

As a baby you came on that great night,
To rule a kingdom filled with faithlessness
You served, suffered, You gave Your life
You did not meet my expectation, but yours.
Jesus Messiah, King of Kings, You came.





No comments:

Post a Comment