Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Trip To The Beach.

During the summer we would plan a few trips for the homeless people that come to the coffee bar. One of these trips was to Eastbourne it is a small town near the coast. Mostly retired people live there and tourist visit. It is an hour and a half train ride away. During the train ride I talked a little bit with one of the homeless guys he was really excited about going to the beach and kept telling me he was going to go paddling and asking me if I was going to go paddling. I did not know what he meant at first, I thought maybe he meant swimming and since it was kind of a cold day I told him it was to cold to get in the water. Then he would say no it won't be that cold I will check it out for you. I told him okay. I found out after a bit that when he said paddling he meant wadding. When we got to Eastbourne we split up into groups and went different places, some went straight to the beach and stayed there all day. Some went shopping. and the group I was with had some of the oldest and slowest people in it so we got about 2 blocks from the train station and they wanted to stop for coffee. We sat at a coffee shop for about an hour. While I was there I talked with someone else who told me all he believes about God and all the evangelism stuff he does. It was all good except that he believes that when we die we do not go straight to heaven but that we fall asleep until Jesus comes back and takes us to heaven. He says that it says this in the bible. I told him that I had never seen that in the bible but that I would look into it.When we left the coffee shop we got fish and chips and took it down to the beach to eat.









No comments:

Post a Comment