Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Gift.


I have a Father who gave me a gift, the gift of His Son
His Son gave me an even greater gift, He gave me his life
He gave me His blood, and through His blood He took away all the things of old
His blood canceled the old covenant, and established a new covenant.
This is my Father's gift, the gift of a sacrifice, an eternal sacrifice.

My faith in this eternal sacrifice is my gift to you, I give it all to you
A faith that believes in the unseen, a faith that flows with assurance
A faith that comes from ownership, the ownership of an inheritance
A faith that grows day by day, a faith that never fades away
A faith that fills my heart, a faith of unceasing love

Father thank you for your gift, thank you for the new covenant
I have claimed my inheritance, I am taking ownership of it
My heart is filled with joy, because I know that I am yours
I am part of the everlasting family, the eternal kingdom
Because of your gift, the gift of your blood

Father my heart is heavy with the weight of those who do not know
For those who do not understand your gift, for those who where never told
And Father for those who picked up your gift, but then put it down
How could anyone walk away from such a sacrifice, or refuse such a gift
My heart is heavy, as I think of eternity without them

My heart is broken, I feel Your pain, I feel the pain of Your loss
Father I know Your heart is broken for these lost souls,
The pain of losing someone for a life time is bearable
But the pain of losing someone for eternity is unbearable
Father how your heart must ache, as You cry for Your lost ones

Father will my prayers relieve Your pain, will my tears ease your heart
The task of rescuing these lost souls seems to much, can it even be done
Do I have enough faith to press on, enough faith to believe in the impossible
I think about your gift and say yes, I have enough faith to press on
Enough faith to rescue lost souls, enough to believe in the impossible




No comments:

Post a Comment